Wednesday 1 December 2010

Baking Day

Today was a day of baking for me...well till lunch time then I visited a neighbour for a while for a chat.
It was also good weather for baking third day straight of constant rain. I know the rain is good but we also need at least a days break just so the ground can actually soak it all in instead of the top soil just being washed away.
The other day baked Christmas Fruit Cake. I did two of them one for us to eat now and the other for when it is a little closer to Christmas. The recipe I followed obviously was for a conventional oven not fan forced. So I had to readjust the cooking time. So this one turned out looking pretty good. If the first one is anything to go by for taste it will be even more of a winner.

I have fruit stewing in brandy for the puddings that I will get around to doing tonight.

Today I baked fruit loaf for our breakfasts for the next few days and for a snack for me...I love snacking on fruit loaf toasted with lathers of butter.

I also did Muesli Slice for Jazynthe's lunch box snack. It got demolished largely already by Jaedyn getting into it whilst it was cooling on the board.

I also did choc chip cookies which are a big huge love in this house. Plus last night I did wholemeal bread for lunches.

No comments: