Saturday, 19 December 2009

Christmas dress

Last night I finally got around to sewing up the dress that I wanted to make for Jazynthe. Each year I make her a dress for her to wear on Christmas day.
This years one was made using some 50's reproduction print fabric I found at Spotlight. The pattern was one I bought through Etsy a while ago from That Darn Kat. It took a little while to make as when i make a new item from a pattern I never have used before I always go slow and follow step by step. However with this one I'd probably alter a couple of things to suit my way of sewing.

I like this one a lot even though I had to do some repairs on one button hole as I accidently ripped through the button hole threading when cutting the whole.... we won't be opening that side I think!