Sunday 1 June 2008

Bag set making!




I started making myself a bag last night. Today I finished it of as well as making a make-up bag and a little purse to go with it as a set. I got the pattern for the big bag and make up bag from the book "sew Pretty Homestyle" by Tilda. The litle puse I made up the pattern myself. All have the same material on the outside with the same lining. Very quick and easy to make really. It is so satisfying sewing things for Jazynthe and others but wow to do something that was solely for me felt so lovely and such a reward at the end. I might have to make a few sets, maybe one for each season. This first set can be my winter set. Just an idea!
I also started today on the soft furnishings I want to make for the baby nursery. I cut out the pattern pieces and worked out what material to use ofr each pattern piece so they can all match the shaggy edge quilt I made up a while ago now. Will get a start on doing that lot tomorrow. Tonight I'm just going to sit in front of the TV and knit.

No comments: