Thursday 28 October 2010

Homemade ice-cream

Last night I made ice-cream.
Such a simple and easy thing to do. For my first go I made vanilla just to be sure it was a good one before experimenting with flavours.
I found the recipe on the $120 a fortnight blog I told you all about.
All you need for the base is 600mls of thickened cream, 1/2 a tin of condensed milk and 1tsp Vannila extract.
Whip up the cream with your electric mixer till soft peaks form. Mix through the vanilla, then with hand whisk you whisk through the condensed milk. Pour into a container, seal it up and freeze for 12hrs. You then get yummo tasting ice-cream like this........

I then tonight made Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble which I found on the same blog. It to was yummo.

Now after this batch of ice cream is gone will start experimenting with some flavours to make my own gourmet ice-cream.What are your favourite added flavours do you love?

No comments: