Tuesday 8 September 2009

Ist week of challenge check in!

I've made it through the week so far unscathed. Although I almost did myself in at Playgroup.
At playgroup I didn't even look at what the cake was that was offered to me as I was busy making sure Jaedyn did not fall of his chair he was sitting on. So I just reached up grabbed a slice and lucky Lisa of Mountain Wildlife saw and told me it had chocolate in it. The lady who made it was not impressed by me putting it back. frankly I don't really care what anyone else thinks of me rejecting non-fair trade made products to pass my lips.
I've even avoided the pack of double dipped Tim tams in the fridge. My favourite type of biscuit. Lucky for me there is Iced VoVo's about that not another person in the house even would try to eat.
I did have a challenge of my own, in that I had promised Brian and Jazynthe a super chocolate cake before I took up the challenge. So on Sunday I made them this lovely cake from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious. It was hard as I could smell how lovely it was. The frosting got all over my forefingers and also had to hand over the beaters to others. I mean cream cheese and chocolate frosting how indulgent is that?
Lucky for my Brian has found some fair trade cocoa powder at our local Food Co-Op. So I could next time make it a super indulgent cake and use some of the Fair Trade eating chocolate and the new cocoa powder.

No comments: