Monday 6 April 2009

More Baking Delight



Today I baked Lemon Bars. I'm very addicted to these things. If I don't be careful I could very easily eat the entire batch. Especially more so each time I bake them. Soon they will be perfect.

Lemon Bars

Ingredients:
Crust- 1/2 Cup Butter, 1/4 C Icing sugar, 1 Cup flour, 1/3t salt
Filling- 1 Cup white sugar, 2 eggs, 1/3 Cup lemon juice,1T lemon zest, 2T flour

Method
Preheat oven at 180 degrees grease 8" square pan
Crust- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.Add flour slowly & salt beat till dough comes together. Press into pan then bake for 20mins or till golden.
Filling- Beat sugar and eggs till smooth. Add juice and zest and stire to combine. Fold in flour. Poor over crust. Bake for 20mins. Allow to cool.
Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.

No comments: